Stainless steel sink maintenance
- Clean the sink with a sponge or a rag.
- Use a mild soap (dish soap) or an all-purpose, non-abrasive liquid cleaner that does not contain chlorine or acid.
- Always rinse with warm water and wipe with a dry rag to prevent calcium buildup.
- Use a bottom grid to protect the metal from wear and scratches.
- Do not scrub the sink with steel wool or scouring pads.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or products containing chlorides or acid.
- Do not use silver polish or grout cleaning products, which can discolor the finish and leave stains.
- Use a water and vinegar solution to loosen calcium buildup.
- Do not leave mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, grease, fat, and other food residue to sit in the sink. Be sure to rinse these aliments with plenty of water.
- Do not place a rubber mat on the bottom of your sink. Food, water, and cleaning products can cling to it and create stains.